Film, also called movie, motion picture or moving picture, is a visual art-form used to simulate experiences that communicate ideas, stories, perceptions, feelings, beauty, or atmosphere through the use of moving images. These images are generally accompanied by sound, and more rarely, other sensory stimulations. The word “cinema”, short for cinematography, is often used to refer to filmmaking and the film industry, and to the art form that is the result of it.
Jose del C Martinez Cinematography includes Music videos, Short Films and Feature Films. At the moment, Jose is currently working in the pre-production of three feature films. These films are slatted to be shot during the course of 2021 and Jose will be working as the cinematographer. He is a proudly member of ACS, SOC, SMPTE and NATAS.
For more information please refer to his IMDB page.
The gaffer is the chief lighting technician on a set and is head of the electrical department. The gaffer’s job is to run a team of lighting technicians to execute the lighting plan for a production. The name “gaffer” in Hollywood actually comes from British slang for a tool called the “gaff,” which was a hooked metal pole used in theatre to adjust the stage lights.The gaffer’s second-in-command is the best boy electric, who helps the gaffer lead the lighting technicians.What Are the Responsibilities of a Gaffer?The gaffer’s job description includes responsibilities during the preproduction and production phases of a movie or television show.
Read the script and make note of any special lighting needs for the production.
- Meets with the director, producers, and director of photography to determine their vision for the lighting.
- Comes up with a plan to execute that vision, including what lights and lighting equipment will be best for the job, all within the production’s budget.
- Assembles the lighting crew, including set lighting technicians, lamp operators, and the best boy.
- Gives the lighting plan to the best boy, who leads the lighting technicians in setting up the lights and electrical equipment. Lighting technicians use specific tools to do their job, like “gaffer tape,” which secures electrical cords on set.
- Observes the lighting on the film set or television set during filming and makes any adjustments to ensure the lighting is just right.
Jose has been gaffing a very numerous project and worked with many talented directors like Steven Spielberg, Sidney Lumet, John Carpenter, Martin Scorcese just to mention a few and in the same way he has been under the direction of great cinematographer like Dean Cundey, Shane Hurlblut, Crescenzo Notarile, Rodrigo Pietro and others.